Jul 17 2013

New Report Confirms Dangers of Artificial Sweeteners

If you’re trying to avoid sugar and its plethora of ill-health effects, you may be turning to diet sodas, or drinking your coffee with Splenda. After all, the nearly zero-calorie alternatives to sugar should have no effect on your waistline, right?

Think again – a new review of the research on sweeteners like Aspartame seems to confirm what scientists have suspected for years – that artificial sweeteners may actually be just as bad for your health and may lead to increased risks of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and metabolic syndrome.

Even if you avoid adding sweeteners like Sweet n’ Low, Equal, and Nutrasweet, a whole host of packaged foods like cereals, fruit yogurt, and granola bars commonly use these fake sugars even if they aren’t labeled as sugar-free.

GUEST: Susan E. Swithers, professor of psychological sciences and a behavioral neuroscientist at Purdue University. Her paper was just published in the Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism

Click here to read the paper.

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “New Report Confirms Dangers of Artificial Sweeteners”

1. LCCon 18 Jul 2013 at 7:51 am

This paper confirms nothing. This is meta-analysis of prior data and can only show association or link.

2. Maureen Beachon 19 Jul 2013 at 8:38 am

This “report” is actually an opinion piece, rather than a credible scientific study. Based on this vast body of research, regulatory agencies around the globe approve low- and no-calorie sweeteners. And leading public health organizations (i.e., American Diabetes Association, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, etc.) endorse the use of these sweeteners as a helpful tool in managing calorie intake to achieve a healthy weight.

-Maureen Beach, American Beverage Association

3. viewon 16 Jan 2014 at 1:30 pm

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

4. kuttyweb mobile gameson 17 Apr 2014 at 10:40 pm

It’s enormous that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as
    well as from our dialogue made at this time.

5. telecharger snapchaton 21 Apr 2014 at 3:30 am

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I in finding this matter
    to be actually one thing that I believe I’d never
    understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely broad
    for me. I’m having a look forward on your subsequent publish,
    I’ll try to get the grasp of it!

Also visit my site telecharger snapchat

6. download chef freeon 23 Apr 2014 at 2:54 am

Hello, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one
    is sharing data, that’s actually good, keep up writing.

My web blog … download chef free

7. download million dollar armon 23 Apr 2014 at 9:30 am

I don’t leave a bunch of remarks, however i did a few searching
    and wound up here uprisingradio.org ? New Report Confirms Dangers
    of Artificial Sweeteners. And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s
    allright. Is it only me or does it give the impression like a few of the remarks
    appear like they are written by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I’d like
    to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you list of the complete urls of all your social pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed,
    or linkedin profile?

Feel free to surf to my web-site :: download million dollar arm

Comments RSS