Jul 02 2014
Israeli authorities have promised a severe response to the kidnapping and murder of three teenage boys whose bodies the government says were found in a shallow grave in the West Bank city of Hebron. The boys had been missing for two weeks during which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused the armed Palestinian group of Hamas for their abduction.
Hundreds of Palestinians have been rounded up and arrested, more than 2000 homes have been broken into and more than a hundred members of Hamas have been issued so-called Administrative Detention Orders, all in the name of a search for the missing boys. Hamas has not claimed responsibility for the kidnappings.
While the names and faces of the Israeli teenagers are appearing all over the media, there has been little to no mention of the six Palestinians, including a teenager, who have been killed since the kidnapping.
Meanwhile Israel has launched nearly 3 dozen airstrikes at what they say are Hamas locations. There have also been reports of rockets being fired from Gaza. One Israeli colonel told the New York Times, the strikes “have nothing to do with the killings.”
GUEST: Diana Buttu, Palestinian-Canadian lawyer and former Palestinian negotiator, joining us live from Ramallah in the West Bank
One Response to “Israel Delivers Collective Punishment to Palestinians for Kidnapping and Murder of Three Teens”